Thursday 16 May 2013

My Big Adventure


Hi Everyone  =D 
           
I'm sorry that my blog a day didn't really happen, but 2 out of 4 days, for me, well it’s been worse.

The time has come for me to announce the news that I am sure you have been just dying to here, so here it is!!

Tomorrow, I shall be going on a 7 week adventure, were I will be exploring the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador Peru and Bolivia.

I shall start off with 10 days voluntary work on the Galapagos Islands, where I will be part of a group that helps remove non-indigenous species of plant from San Cristóbal, the biggest of the Galapagos Islands. The aim of the Biological Research Station is to conserve native highland forests by eradicating invasive plant species and to replace them with native trees and vegetation. "Everyday new exotic and invasive species are being introduced to the island, through importation of vegetables and fruit. By helping with reforestation and replacing exotic invasive plants with native species, the Galapagos can be restored to its natural state" The voluntary activities range from, reforestation, station maintenance, organic agricultural activities, and learning about biodiversity, natural history and ecology of the island.


Some of the animals I hope to see:



Sea Lion

Giant Tortoise

Iguana


After leaving the Galapagos Islands, I head back to Ecuador, for a 35 day trip through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia. The Tour which I am taking includes, visits to the Pachamanca ceremony in Nazca, Guided tour of Machu Picchu, 4 day Inca Trail Hike with a local guide, Amazon Jungle excursion from Quito, Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca excursion with overnight family home stay.






The Trips which I have booked are everything that I wanted to do this year, and it hopefully will allow me to finish my gap year, on the ultimate high. 

I am hoping to try and blog some of the things that I do over the coming 7 weeks, but as you already know, my blogging skills whilst at home are rather lacking, so being away will either work miracles for this blog, or well, you'll be hearing from me after the 2nd July. 


I hope that you all have an amazing 7 weeks. 


Maisie




























1 comment:

  1. Loved the blog `s this week,have a wonderfull time,and I look forward to hearing about all you get up to!

    ReplyDelete